You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Servant
You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Servant! A Thankless Job You'd Rather Not Have
Get ready... as a 12-year-old girl living in Britain in the 1880s, you are about to start work for a wealthy family. You will be busy all day long as a Victorian servant. This title can be used as a background approach to wider issues in Victorian times, such as class divides, daily life and the position of men and women. The humorous illustrations make learning fun, and encourage young readers to engage with the central servant character. Informative captions, a glossary and an index make this title an ideal and fun introduction to the conventions of non-fiction text.
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of the Victorian Era.
- You Wouldn't Want to Be a Victorian Miner (by: Malam, John, LE, MG)
- You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Schoolchild (by: Malam, John, LE, MG)
- You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Mill Worker (by: Malam, John, LE, MG)
- You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Servant (by: MacDonald, Fiona, LE, MG)
- The Sherlockian (by: Moore, Graham, YA, A)
- Jane Steele (by: Faye, Lyndsay, YA, A)
- My Dear Henry: A Jekyll and Hyde Remix (by: Bayron, Kalynn, YA, A)
- The Victorian City: Everyday Life in Dickens' London (by: Flanders. Judith, YA, A)
- The Turning Point: 1851 - A Year That Changed Charles Dickens and the World (by: Douglas-Fairhurst, Robert, YA, A)
- Fingersmith (by: Waters, Sarah, A)
- Miss Eliza's English Kitchen: A Novel of Victorian Cookery and Friendship (by: Abbs, Annabel, A)