You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Mill Worker
You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Mill Worker! A Grueling Job You'd Rather Not Have
Get ready... as a workhouse boy in London 1842, you are being sent to the industrial north of England for a pittance in a noisy, dusty, and extremely dangerous cotton mill. It's a tough life being a Victorioan mill worker! This title in the popular You Wouldn't Want to Be series features full-color illustrations which combine humor and accurate technical detail. Featuring brand new extra content including a timeline, fun facts, a list of 'top' characters and a map.
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of the Victorian Era.
- You Wouldn't Want to Be a Victorian Miner (by: Malam, John, LE, MG)
- You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Schoolchild (by: Malam, John, LE, MG)
- You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Mill Worker (by: Malam, John, LE, MG)
- You Wouldn't Want to be a Victorian Servant (by: MacDonald, Fiona, LE, MG)
- The Sherlockian (by: Moore, Graham, YA, A)
- Jane Steele (by: Faye, Lyndsay, YA, A)
- My Dear Henry: A Jekyll and Hyde Remix (by: Bayron, Kalynn, YA, A)
- The Victorian City: Everyday Life in Dickens' London (by: Flanders. Judith, YA, A)
- The Turning Point: 1851 - A Year That Changed Charles Dickens and the World (by: Douglas-Fairhurst, Robert, YA, A)
- Fingersmith (by: Waters, Sarah, A)
- Miss Eliza's English Kitchen: A Novel of Victorian Cookery and Friendship (by: Abbs, Annabel, A)