You Wouldn't Want to Be a Civil War Soldier
You Wouldn't Want to be a Civil War Soldier!
What are your chances of surviving America's bloodiest war?
This interactive series will enthrall young and reluctant readers (Ages 8-12) by making them part of the story, inviting them to become the main character. Each book uses humorous illustrations to depict the sometimes dark and horrific side of life during important eras in history. It's 1861. War has broken out between the United States and the Confederate States of America, and you have answered President Lincoln's call for volunteers to fight for the Union. This new extended edition includes a Civil War timeline, details of major battles, and fascinating information on the role of women in the Civil War.
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of the American Civil War.
- You Wouldn't Want to Be a Nurse During the American Civil War (by: Senior, Kathryn, LE, MG)
- You Wouldn't Want to Be a Civil War Soldier (by: Ratliff, Thomas, LE, MG)
- Pink and Say (by: Polacco, Patricia, LE, MG)
- Nurse, Soldier, Spy: The Story of Sarah Edmonds, a Civil War Hero (by: Moss, Marissa, LE, MG)
- Henry's Freedom Box (by: Levine, Ellen, LE)
- All Different Now: Junteenth, the First Day of Freedom (by: Johnson, Angela, LE)
- Bull Run (by: Fleischman, Paul, MG)
- Big Bad Ironclad! (by: Hale, Nathan, MG, UMG)
- Guts & Glory: The American Civil War (by: Thompson, Ben, UMG)
- Little Women (by: Alcott, Louisa May, UMG, YA)
- Blood and Germs: The Civil War Battle Against Wounds and Disease (by: Jarrow, Gail, UMG)
- Fields of Fury: The American Civil War (by: McPherson, James M., UMG, YA)
- The Bloody Country (by: Collier, James Lincoln, Collier, Christopher, UMG, YA)
- Two Miserable Presidents: Everything Your Schoolbooks Didn't Tell You About the Civil War (by: Sheinkin, Steve, YA, UMG)
- March Towards The Thunder (by: Bruchac, Joseph, UMG)
- The Boys' War (by: Murphy, Jim, UMG, YA)
- A Nation Without Borders: The United States and Its World in an Age of Civil Wars, 1830-1910 (by: Freeman, Joshua, YA)
- This Republic of Suffering (by: Faust, Drew Gilpin, YA, A)
- Crossing Ebenezer Creek (by: Bolden, Tonya, YA, A)
- March (by: Brooks, Geraldine, YA, A)