The Wolf's Boy
The Wolf's Boy
An outcast boy and a young wolf against an Ice Age winter . . . Kai burns to become a hunter and to earn a rightful place among his people. But that can never be. He was born with a club foot. It is forbidden for him to use or even touch a hunter's sacred weapons. Shunned by the other boys, Kai turns to his true friends, the yellow wolves, for companionship. They have not forgotten the young human they nurtured as an abandoned infant. When Kai discovers a motherless cub in the pack, he risks everything to save her, bringing her back to live with him. But as winter draws near, Kai's wolf grows ever more threatening in the eyes of the People. When the worst happens, Kai knows that they must leave for good. Together, they embark on a journey into the north—a place of unimaginable danger—that tests the power of friendship and the will to survive. Award-winning author Susan Williams Beckhorn delivers a tale set in Paleolithic times. Inspired by modern discoveries, Susan's careful research creates a vivid picture of a time when the first wolves came to live with humans and forged a bond that lives on to this day.
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of the Ice Age.
- You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Mammoth Hunter (by: Antram, David, LE, MG)
- The First Dog (by: Brett, Jan, LE)
- The Clan of the Cave Bear (by: Auel, Jean M., YA, A)
- From Wolf to Woof (by: Talbott, Hudson, LE)
- Maroo of the Winter Caves (by: Turnbull, Ann, MG)
- Could You Survive the Ice Age?: An Interactive Prehistoric Adventure (by: Hoena, Blake, MG)
- Children of the Dawnland (by: O'Neal Gear, Kathleen, MG)
- Clan (by: Brouwer, Sigmund, MG, UMG)
- The Wolf's Boy (by: Beckhorn, Susan Williams, MG, UMG)