You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Mammoth Hunter
You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Mammoth Hunter!
You are a member of a group of nomadic hunter-gatherers living in the ice age, about 15,000 years ago.
This interactive series will enthrall young and reluctant readers (Ages 8-12) by making them part of the story, inviting them to become the main character. Each book uses humorous illustrations to depict the sometimes dark and horrific side of life during important eras in history. As a member of the group, you will get an insider's look at what life was like in the ice age as you follow the migratory routes of your prey--mammoths. Learn what tools and weapons are used for hunting, how you prepare for your hunt by holding a sacred ceremony, how to make shelter on the barren tundra, how to catch the woolly beasts, and how your journey has taken you from Asia and Europe to North America via a frozen land bridge.
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of the Ice Age.
- You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Mammoth Hunter (by: Antram, David, LE, MG)
- The First Dog (by: Brett, Jan, LE)
- The Clan of the Cave Bear (by: Auel, Jean M., YA, A)
- From Wolf to Woof (by: Talbott, Hudson, LE)
- Maroo of the Winter Caves (by: Turnbull, Ann, MG)
- Could You Survive the Ice Age?: An Interactive Prehistoric Adventure (by: Hoena, Blake, MG)
- Children of the Dawnland (by: O'Neal Gear, Kathleen, MG)
- Clan (by: Brouwer, Sigmund, MG, UMG)
- The Wolf's Boy (by: Beckhorn, Susan Williams, MG, UMG)