Inside the Walls of Troy
Inside the Walls of Troy: A Novel of the Women Who Lived the Trojan War
World History > Classical Age > Ancient Greece
Two women, one war.
Helen, at age twelve, is not prepared to deal with her famous beauty: to have the face that will launch a thousand ships, kill fifty thousand men, and cause the fall of the world's greatest city. But when she is kidnapped by Theseus of Athens, she begins her journey into womanhood and finds passion strong enough to start the Trojan War.
Cassandra has the gift, or curse, to predict the future. When she forsees the ruin of her family and city that Helen's arrival in Troy will cause, she is outraged. Yet she cannot help being drawn to Helen.
As the war rages around them, Helen, the woman who started the conflict, and Cassandra, the one who foresaw it, develop a deep friendship. And through their eyes we see the Trojan War in a fascinating new way.
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of Trojan War.
- The Iliad and the Odyssey (by: Williams, Marcia, LE, MG)
- The Wanderings of Odysseus: The Story of the Odyssey (by: Sutcliff, Rosemary, MG, UMG)
- Tales from the Odyssey, Part 1 (by: Pope Osborne, Mary, MG)
- The Adventures of Odysseus (by: Lupton, Hugh, MG)
- Tales from the Odyssey, Part 2 (by: Pope Osborne, Mary, MG)
- The Trojan Horse: How the Greeks Won the War (by: Little, Emily, LE, MG)
- Black Ships Before Troy: The Story of the Iliad (by: Sutcliff, Rosemary, MG, UMG)
- The Trojan War (by: Colidge, Olivia, UMG, YA)
- A Thousand Ships (by: Haynes, Natalie, YA, A)
- Inside the Walls of Troy (by: McLaren, Clemence, YA)
- Waiting for Odysseus (by: McLaren, Clemence, YA)
- The Silence of the Girls (by: Barker, Pat, YA, A)
- Helen of Troy (by: George, Margaret, A)