The Red Palace
|Age of Revolutions|
The Red Palace
June Hur, the critically acclaimed author of The Silence of Bones and The Forest of Stolen Girls, returns with The Red Palace―a third evocative, atmospheric historical mystery perfect for fans of Courtney Summers and Kerri Maniscalco.
To enter the palace means to walk a path stained in blood...
Joseon (Korea), 1758. There are few options available to illegitimate daughters in the capital city, but through hard work and study, eighteen-year-old Hyeon has earned a position as a palace nurse. All she wants is to keep her head down, do a good job, and perhaps finally win her estranged father's approval.
But Hyeon is suddenly thrust into the dark and dangerous world of court politics when someone murders four women in a single night, and the prime suspect is Hyeon's closest friend and mentor. Determined to prove her beloved teacher's innocence, Hyeon launches her own secret investigation.
In her hunt for the truth, she encounters Eojin, a young police inspector also searching for the killer. When evidence begins to point to the Crown Prince himself as the murderer, Hyeon and Eojin must work together to search the darkest corners of the palace to uncover the deadly secrets behind the bloodshed.
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of Korea.
- Bee-Bim Bop! (by: Park, Linda Sue, LE, Korean Cooking)
- The Firekeeper's Son (by: Park, Linda Sue, LE, Signal Fires)
- The Kite Fighters (by: Park, Linda Sue, MG, Kites)
- SeeSaw Girl (by: Park, Linda Sue, MG, 17th Century Korea)
- When My Name Was Keoko (by: Park, Linda Sue, UMG, WWII)
- Year of Impossible Goodbyes (by: Sook Nyul Choi, UMG, Korean War)
- A Single Shard (by: Park, Linda Sue, UMG, Medieval Korea)
- The Silence of Bones (by: Hur, June, YA, A, political murder, Joseon Era)
- The Red Palace (by: Hur, June, YA, A, Joseon Era, Political Murder)
- Pachinko (by: Lee, Min Jin, YA, A, Korean War)
- The Island of Sea Women (by: See, Lisa, A, Korea)