Mulan: Before the Sword
Mulan: Before the Sword
From New York Times best-selling author, Grace Lin, comes a novel filled with adventure and wonder set before the Walt Disney Studios film, Mulan .
Family is important to Hua Mulan―even if her parents don’t understand why she would rather ride her horse, Black Wind, than weave, or how her notorious clumsiness can be so different from the graceful demeanor of her younger sister, Xiu. But despite their differences, Mulan has a deep love for her family, especially Xiu. So when her sister is bitten by a poisonous spider, Mulan does everything she can to help, including seeking out a renowned healer. However, it quickly becomes apparent that there is more to both the mysterious spider bite and the healer than meets the eye.
On a quest with the Jade Rabbit of legend, Mulan visits extraordinary places, meets Immortals, and faces incredible obstacles while searching for an antidote for her sister. And the danger only rises when Mulan learns of a prophecy foretelling that a member of the Hua family will one day save the Emperor . . . and of the powerful enemies who will stop at nothing to prevent it from coming to pass.
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of Mulan.
Other suggestions on the subject of China.
- The Ch'i-lin Purse (by: Fang, Linda, LE)
- Genghis Khan The Bravest Warrior Who Bridged East and West (by: Jian, Li, LE)
- Coolies (by: Yin, Soentpiet, Chris, LE, MG)
- The Great Wall Of China (by: Fisher, Leonard Everett, LE)
- The Adventures of Marco Polo (by: Freedman, Russell, LE, MG)
- Brothers (by: Yin, Soentpiet, Chris, LE, MG)
- You Wouldn't Want to Work on the Great Wall of China (by: Morley, Jacqueline, LE, MG)
- Brush of the Gods (by: Look, Lenore, LE)
- You Wouldn't Want to Be in the Forbidden City (by: Morley, Jacqueline, LE, MG)
- Chengli and the Silk Road Caravan (by: Kang, Hildi, MG)
- Bronze and Sunflower (by: Wenxuan, Cao, MG, UMG)
- Mulan: Before the Sword (by: Lin, Grace, MG, UMG)
- Ancient China: An Interactive History Adventure (by: Collins, Terry Lee, MG)
- Revolution is Not a Dinner Party (by: Compestine, Ying Chang, MG, UMG)
- The House of Sixty Fathers (by: DeJong, Meindert, MG)
- Dragonwings (by: Yep, Lawrence, UMG)
- Mao (A Wicked History 20th Century) (by: Price, Sean Stewart, UMG, YA)
- The Crystal Ribbon (by: Lim, Celeste, UMG, YA)
- Rebels of the Heavenly Kingdom (by: Patterson, Katherine, UMG, YA)
- I Rode a Horse of Milk White Jade (by: Wilson, Diane Lee, UMG, YA)
- Under the Broken Sky (by: Smith, Sherri L., UMG)
- Cixi: Evil Empress of China? (by: Price, Sean, YA, UMG)
- Angel Island: Gateway to Gold Mountain (by: Freedman, Russell, UMG, YA)
- Dragon's Gate (by: Yep, Lawrence, UMG)
- Genghis Khan: 13th-Century Mongolian Tyrant (by: Goldberg, Enid A., UMG, YA)
- Our Violent Ends (by: Gong, Clohe, YA, A)
- The Library of Legends (by: Chang, Janie, YA, A)
- Anya's War (by: Alban, Andrea, YA)
- These Violent Delights (by: Gong, Clohe, YA, A)
- The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane (by: See, Lisa, A)
- Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China (by: Chang, Jung, A)