Winner of the Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction, Chickadee is the first novel of a new arc in the critically acclaimed Birchbark House series by New York Times bestselling author Louise Erdrich.
Twin brothers Chickadee and Makoons have done everything together since they were born—until the unthinkable happens and the brothers are separated.
Desperate to reunite, both Chickadee and his family must travel across new territories, forge unlikely friendships, and experience unexpected moments of both unbearable heartache and pure joy. And through it all, Chickadee draws from the strength of his namesake, the chickadee, to carry him home.
Chickadee continues the story of one Ojibwe family's journey through one hundred years in America. In a starred review, School Library Journal proclaimed, "Readers will be more than happy to welcome little Chickadee into their hearts."
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of the Ojibwe Nation.
- Makoons (by: Erdrich, Louise, United States, MG, UMG)
- The Birchbark House (by: Erdrich, Louise, United States, MG, UMG)
- The Game of Silence (by: Erdrich, Louise, United States, MG, UMG)
- The Porcupine Year (by: Erdrich, Louise, United States, MG, UMG)
- Chickadee (by: Erdrich, Louise, United States, MG, UMG)
- The Star that Always Stays (by: Johnson, Anna Rose, United States, UMG)
- Firekeeper's Daughter (by: Boulley, Angeline, United States, YA, A)