Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom
Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (With a Few Flat Tires Along the Way)
Take a lively look at women's history from aboard a bicycle, which granted females the freedom of mobility and helped empower women's liberation. Through vintage photographs, advertisements, cartoons, and songs, Wheels of Change transports young readers to bygone eras to see how women used the bicycle to improve their lives. Witty in tone and scrapbook-like in presentation, the book deftly covers early (and comical) objections, influence on fashion, and impact on social change inspired by the bicycle, which, according to Susan B. Anthony, "has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world."
Other Similar Books
Other suggestions on the subject of Women's Suffrage.
- How Women Won the Vote (by: Campbell Bartoletti, Susan, LE, MG)
- Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (by: Macy, Sue, MG, UMG)
- History Smashers: Women's Right to Vote (by: Messner, Kate, UMG, MG)
- Lillian's Right to Vote (by: Winter, Jonah, LE)
- Alice Paul and the Fight for Women's Rights (by: Kops, Deborah, UMG, YA)
- Things a Bright Girl Can Do (by: Nicholls, Sally, YA, A)
- The Dictionary of Lost Words (by: Williams, Pip, A)